Friday, January 1, 2010

I cheat, so get used to it.

I forgot one tiny detail. I don't have a working camera. So, to make my deadline I quickly (and with a whole lot of "Mom, can you come help me, pleeeaaaseee?") uploaded my new version of photoshop and changed my list to 'Take/Make a photo everyday'. It's my list, I can do whatever the Hello I want. It was my first time with Photoshop Elements 8, so it's completely horrible but that's what this project is about. Bettering ones self.

I have learned one very interesting fact today about one of my passions and nerdy indulgences. Did you know the comic (but especially 2000 movie) X-Men has been assumed to just be a metaphor for GLBT rights, with phrases such as "Have you tried not being a mutant?" Well now we both do. I could have picked anyone of the many comic book facts, but this one caught my eye because:
1. I would have never guessed.
2. However straight I may be, I am uncommonly, insanely supportive of the GLBT community.

Even though I started this book way back in December, I finished it today and because I cheat have decided that it will count towards my goal to read 50 books this year. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green is in fact my new favorite book. Full of smart humor I never even knew I was reading a YA novel.

I've listened to Cigarette Song [Acoustic] by The All-American Rejects. The 'the' doesn't count :D Most likely I'll post my playlist once I'm a few weeks into so I can spread the joy.

Speaking of spreading amazingness and music, today my iPod decided to play two Beatles songs(The Ballad of John & Yoko && Hard Day’s Night). Yes, I'm starting completely over. Even if I've heard the song, it still counts towards my goal...because I love them so damn much.

And finally, I leave you with a quote to go play with, jump rope with, skip with, walk on the beach with and fall in love with.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
Dr. Seuss



-Read 50 books or more (1/50)
-Record and review each on GoodReads (1/50)
-Learn one interesting thing a day (1/365)
-Listen to one new artist a day, going in alphabetical order (1/365)
-Listen to every single Beatles song ever (2/100ish)
-Take/Make pictures everyday (1/365)

No comments:

Post a Comment