Sunday, August 29, 2010

Love Your Body


(via weheartit)

I've been wanting to say this for awhile. I've held it up inside of me, not wanting anyone to know. They would laugh and tell me I was wrong, that my thinking was unAmerican. I've only recently gotten up the courage to come out and say it. Here I go...

I love my body.


I've been told my whole life that I need to lose weight and all my life I had always thought "If I could only lose the weight, I'd be happy. I could do all the things I've been wanting to do." It took being in a loving relationship for two years to realize how wrong I sounded. What, I can't be chubby and happy? How does that work? I do admit I should get active to help out some health issues but in terms of body image, I'm content. This summer I finally wore shorts and tank tops ALMOST EVERYDAY. IN PUBLIC. And boy, I looked gooood. I don't even care how self-centered that sounds, I've never been able to say that before.

So please, no matter what your dress size, love your body. It makes each day a little brighter. Don't wish to be Barbie, wish to be yourself!


2 comments:

  1. I try REALLY REALLY hard to love my body despite what people have always said about me needing to loose weight. I actually used to be bigger than I am now but this one blogger started harrassing me telling me how fat I am and leaving these long cruel comments on every blog post I ever did, so I deleted my blog and spent nearly a year loosing weight so that I could have a fashion blog without people commenting about my weight..

    ReplyDelete